Please take a moment to take a look at the exciting events going on for our dojo over the next few months.
1) Guest Instructor – Sensei Matt will be away from the dojo this Thursday-Sunday coaching at the 2016 BC Winter Games. We will be having a guest instructor brought in on Thursday to cover the classes while I am away. Conveniently, this instructor’s name is Matt and can also be referred to as ‘Sensei Matt’! Sensei Matt is well known across the country, and for many years has taught, and competed with Canada’s best. He is great with kids, and a wonderful instructor.
2) Anti-Bullying Day (Pink Shirt Day) – February 24th is Anti-Bullying Day. All students are encouraged to come to class wearing a pink shirt instead of their regular gi top. Pink shirts can be worn on either Tuesday 23rd, or February 24th.
3) Kumite training – Was a huge success. It was great to see so many in attendance at our last Kumite training. We will be having another of these trainings shortly after spring break.
5) Upcoming Competitions- Golden League tournament (7-15 year olds) has been booked for April 16th. Just for Fun Skills Competition (4-7 year olds) is still in the process of finding a date that works.
6) Dojo Movie Night – I’ve been wanting to have a movie night at the dojo for some time. We would have an younger group and an older group. Most likely we would be watching a ninja turtles/kung fu panda type of movie and have some snacks to go along with it. Please let me know if this is something that you would be interested in, so I can better plan for the event.
Please stay tuned for more information regarding these events.
See you in class!